Your cooker is an appliance you pretty much use every day, but it is also one that you have no idea how it works, unless you're a handyman. Of course everyone knows the basics - it produces heat that enables you to cook your food, but when it breaks it can be very daunting for someone who has little knowledge of cookers, but in most cases, the problem can be easily fixed, and you can even do the repair work yourself.
If the glass in your oven door has smashed, or you wish to remove it to give it a clean, removing it from your oven door is a simple procedure, and only requires a little DIY skill. If you need help removing the glass from your oven door, follow this simple guide:
How to Remove Your Cooker's Oven Door Glass
Safety Notice: Please ensure your cooker is disconnected before starting any work.
- Open your door and lift the lock on both hinges.
- Close your oven door - the hinge locks will prevent it from closing, causing your hinges to separate from the main oven.
- Lift the oven door away from your cooker - make sure you keep a firm grip of your oven door.
- Separate the inner door glass from main outer door. To do this, remove the screws that are holding the two pieces together. These screws can be found near the hinges and at the top of the oven door.
- Your inner door will now lift away from your main outer door.
- There you have it, you've just removed the glass from your oven door. Told you, you can do it!
To view our range of replacement oven door glass, please click here
. If you need any more advice, we'd be more than happy to help! Just give us a call on 02920 452 510