The igniter on your gas oven is a fundamental part when it comes to heating your oven up. A gas oven igniter works by sparking and heating the gas emitted from the oven, so without it, the oven will not be able to produce heat. However, as so much rests on this little igniter, they are prone to a bit of wear and tear.
If you find your gas oven igniter is not working, you should first try to troubleshoot the issue and double check it is your oven igniter that's not working. Here's how you can troubleshoot a broken gas oven igniter.
Troubleshooting Gas Oven Igniter
- Check the gas supply lines. If the stovetop igniter lights up, but the oven won't light, then the issue does lie with your ignitor. If neither light up it could be an issue with your gas line.
- Make sure you have enough gas and double check all the valves are switched to 'on'.
- Inspect your igniter and check if it is dirty. If the igniter is covered in debris, this could be causing an issue. Try cleaning it gently to try to improve the sparking.
- Take a look at the pilot hole. If this is covered in grime, it could also be causing your gas oven igniter to not work. Clean the pilot hole with a needle carefully and try to remove any build up.
- Finally, check any electrical connections to your cooker. Ensure they are connected properly. If you found that the connections were a little bit loose, try turning on your oven again after tightening the connection to see if the issue has improved.
What To Do If Gas Oven Igniter Is Broken
If your gas oven igniter is actually broken, your best option is to find a suitable replacement for your cooker. CookerSpareParts is dedicated to finding the right replacement for your cooker, so we have a system for you to find the exact gas oven ignitor you need.
Just head to our homepage and enter your oven manufacturer and model number. This will then display all the parts that are a suitable fit for your cooker. However, if you'd prefer to give us a call and speak to a member of our friendly team just call 02920 452 510!
Here's a look at just a few replacement parts for a gas oven igniter that's not working:
Spark Generator for Cannon Cookers
£40.00 inc VAT
Ignition Generator & Main Plug
£23.99 inc VAT
Ignition Module for Hotpoint Appliances
£25.99 inc VAT
If none of these models are suitable for your cooker, you can browse our full range here to find the right part to fix your gas oven igniter which is not working. We would advise you use our system to ensure the replacement part will fit with your cooker properly. If you need help finding the right part, you can get in touch with us here!