The thought of having to repair your cooker can be rather daunting, and many people are rather content on just ignoring the problem with their cooker, and continue to using it as normal - even when then issue can be easily resolved.
Here at Cooker Spare Parts, we want to ensure that everyone can enjoy a home cooked meal, risk and problem-free. That is why we supply such a vast range of spare parts, and create these helpful guides - like this one!
If you have found that your oven door isn't closing securely, you may find that your cooker is taking longer to cook your meals. This problem is due to faulty oven door catch
, which is really simply to fix.
How to Replace an Oven Door Catch
- Disconnect your appliance. It's important that you ensure you ensure your cooker is turned off from the mains to ensure that there is no risk to your safety whilst you perform your repair work.
- Remove the side panel of your cooker. You can do this by removing the two screw at the front of front of your cooker, and the two screws at the back off your cooker.
- Remove the screws that are holding the catch in place.
- Now screw your new catch into place. Make sure the holes line up for the screws. Important note: The holes for the door catch are not threaded, but the screws provided will cut their own thread, allowing you to screw the latch securely in place.
- Test your new, catch by closing your door. On some cooker models, you can adjust the striker pin to allow your door to close securely. You can do this by just screwing the pin out with a pair of pliers.
- Once you're happy, screw the side panel back in place.
And there you have it! It's really that simple to replace your oven door catch! To view our range of oven door catches, please click here
. If you require any more advice on replacing any other parts of your cooker, we are happy to help! Just give us a ring on 02920 452 510.
Ariston Cookers are the epitome of style and efficiency, so if you find that yours is not working as well as it was before, you can find a suitable Ariston replacement part here at CookerSpareParts. Instead of buying a new cooker, just browse our Ariston replacement parts to see if there's a quick fix to your problem.
Ariston was founded in 1930 by Aristide Merloni and has been supplying quality cookers for decades. These cookers are popular across the world, but that doesn't mean they don't have the occasional problem.
Today we will be looking at a selection of Ariston replacement parts you can get to fix some of the most common oven problems. To browse our full range, simply click here.
As you will most likely know, cooker knobs are an exceptionally important part of your cooker. Not only do they turn your oven on, they also set the temperature to ensure your food is cooked perfectly.
If you find one of your cooker knobs is broken beyond repair, take a look at out budget-friendly Ariston replacement cooker knob parts. You'll no longer have to struggle with a fiddly cooker knob once you have your replacement!
Electric Thermostats & Regulators
Have you ever wondered how an oven maintains its temperature? Well, that's all down to the electric cooker thermostats and regulators. These little devices ensure your oven's temperature is always maintained, so if you find your cooker is not staying at the temperature you set it, you may be in need of a replacement.
Motors & Fans
The Oven Fan Motors are responsible for spreading the heat around the oven and are needed to cook your food easily. If you find that you no longer hear the whirl of the oven fan when you turn your oven on and you can no longer see the fan spin, you can find a replacement for your Ariston cooker here.
Oven Door Handles
Last but not least, what could be more necessary to your oven than the oven door handle? Without a handle, opening the oven door could be difficult or even impossible. Fitting the oven door handle is easy as can be, find out how you can do it yourself in our useful step-by-step guide
Not what you're looking for? Browse our range of Ariston Replacement Parts, or call us on 02920 452 510 and we will help you find the spare part you're looking for!