You might not notice how often you use the clock on your oven until it stops working. From a quick glance to check you're on time as you leave the house, to setting a timer while your Sunday dinner cooks to prevent under or overcooking, your oven clock plays an important role in your life.
If you do notice that your oven clock has stopped working, there are a few simple steps you can take to diagnose and fix the problem quickly and easily.
Step One: Identifying the Problem
Determining what is wrong with your oven is the first step to solving the problem. There are generally two scenarios when your oven clock stops working. Either:
- The oven clock and the oven itself has stopped working
- The oven clock has stopped working but the rest of the oven works fine
If you can identify whether the fault is localised to the oven clock or if it is a different, more complex cooker fault causing the clock not to work, then you will be in a better position to start repairing it. If you can't identify the problem yourself, or if the entire oven has stopped working, we recommend speaking to a specialist to help you identify the problem. The manufacturers of your oven are specialists at dealing with faults and repairs of your oven, so try giving them a call first and foremost if you cannot identify the problem easily.
Step 2: Resolving the Problem
If it is just the clock that has stopped working, you should first check that it doesn't just need to be reset. Find the manual for your cooker, or look one up online, and try to reset your oven clock.
If this doesn't fix the problem then it's likely that there is a physical fault with your oven clock, which means it's probably time to think about replacing or repairing it! That's where we come in. We stock an extensive range of different oven timers, clocks and programmers to get your oven clock working as it used to in no time at all. The best way to browse timers, clocks and programmers for your exact oven is to have the manufacturer details and model number ready. Simply enter these into the site to reveal a selection of replacement parts that perfectly match your oven.
If you have any difficulties identifying the problem with your oven, or if you'd like help finding the right replacement clock timer or programmer for your oven, don't hesitate to contact a member of our team on 02920 452 510. If you're ready to get your oven clock on the mend, click the button below to browse replacement parts.
Replacement Parts from Cooker Spare Parts >
As with any cooker, Stoves cookers can sometimes experience problems. Today we are taking a look at some of the common problems people experience with their Stoves cooker knobs. Hopefully, our advice can resolve and Stoves cooker knob problems you might be experiencing, and get your oven working as it should be again in no time at all.
My Stoves cooker's knobs have fallen off
Sometimes you cooker knobs become loose and can eventually fall off (don't worry, it's just a sign of an oven that's been well loved). While this isn't a difficult problem to fix, it can be incredibly annoying and in some cases, even pose a safety risk! If your cooker knobs have fallen off, you may no longer be able to adjust the settings of your cooker, so it's wise to get this problem resolved as quickly as possible.
There are two solutions to this problem:
- Re-attach it. If your Stoves cooker knob has simply fallen off, then you might be able to resolve the problem by reattaching it, there are some great videos online that will talk you through how to do this.
- Order a replacement. If you've lost your Stoves cooker knob then you need to order a replacement, which is simple enough with the help of CookerSpareParts! Simply find your cooker's model number and enter it into our Stoves cooker knobs section to find genuine replacement parts.
Browse Stoves Cooker Knobs >
My Stoves cooker knobs are melting
If your cooker knobs are melting, it's likely that heat from your oven is escaping from your central oven and heating the cooker knobs, when it shouldn't be. This could be because your cooker seal is faulty and needs replacing. When sealed properly, no heat should escape from your oven, and your cooker knobs shouldn't get hot at all.
Luckily, we stock a huge selection of Stoves door seals and gaskets that will help you eliminate this problem. The best way to find the right seal or gasket for your oven is to have your oven's model number to hand before browsing. If your cooker knobs have melted significantly, you probably need to order and replace these too. You will find a great selection of replacements right here on CookerSpareParts.com.
View Stoves Door Seals & Gaskets >
Hopefully, this will help you resolve the most common problems people experience with their Stoves cooker knobs. If you have any questions about fixing or replacing your Stoves cooker knobs, don't hesitate to give us a call on 02920 452 510.
Like any other cooker, your New World cooker is likely to experience some sort of problem from time-to-time, which may stop you from being able to cook your food. There’s no reason to panic, however, as many of these common problems are able to be resolved without the need of going out and replacing your cooker with a whole new one. So, if you find that your New World cooking appliance is showing any of these issues, read on to find out what you can do to fix them and get back the oven that you know and love!
- Oven Doesn’t Produce Heat – If you find that your New World oven isn’t producing any heat, it may be due to either one of the following three reasons.
- Oven/fan element has become damaged – Check if they are conducting electricity using a multimeter, also known as a continuity check.
- Changeover switch/commutator failed – This switch controls the various functions of the oven, so will need to be replaced as soon as possible.
- Thermal fuse malfunction – The thermal fuse can become damaged due to poor ventilation. To combat this, ensure your cooker is situated in an open space.
- Oven is Overheating – The oven is a crucial component of your New World cooking appliance. If you find that your food is burning when placed inside, it may be due to it overheating. This is often down to the thermostat being broken. Unfortunately, the thermostat cannot be repaired to will need to be replaced. While replacing your thermostat, you need to ensure that you handle the phial with extreme care. This is a small device that holds gas and is placed into the cavity. Gas expands or contacts to activate or deactivate the thermostat.
- Burner Produces an Erratic Flame – Ideally, the burner on your New World cooker should produce a steady blue flame. One common problem that you may find is that your gas cooker’s burner will produce an uneven yellow flame or an unusually small flame. If so, this may be an indication that the burner is being choked by debris in the holes or jets. To combat this, disassemble the burner, check for debris and clean thoroughly with water. Avoid using a wire or pointed object as this can cause the hole to increase, leading to further problems.
- Igniter Doesn’t Work – Now and again; the igniter on your New World cooker may decide not to work. You will find this is happening when the spark produced when you press the ignition button isn’t occurring. If so, chances are that the igniter is clogged with food, dirt or grime that needs cleaning. To fix this, simply remove that igniter, usually found near the oven burner and clean it with a toothbrush, removing all the accumulated dirt. Scrub the surface in a gentle manner.
These are some of the most common problems that you’re most likely to encounter with your New World cooker. So, if you find that yours starts to display these, simply follow the instructions to enable your cooking appliance to return to normal.
If you find that your cooker has a problem that requires a replacement part to fix, no need to worry, here at Cooker Spare Parts we have an extensive collection of replacement New World parts that is guaranteed to get your cooker back up and running in no time! Simply hit the button below to browse our entire range of New World cooker spares and leave all of its problems in the past!
Browse New World Spares >
If you are having any trouble trying to find or purchase the New World spare that you need or have any general questions that you would like to ask us, then please do not be afraid to contact the CSP team today. We are more than happy to help!