Like any other cooker, your New World cooker is likely to experience some sort of problem from time-to-time, which may stop you from being able to cook your food. There’s no reason to panic, however, as many of these common problems are able to be resolved without the need of going out and replacing your cooker with a whole new one. So, if you find that your New World cooking appliance is showing any of these issues, read on to find out what you can do to fix them and get back the oven that you know and love!
- Oven Doesn’t Produce Heat – If you find that your New World oven isn’t producing any heat, it may be due to either one of the following three reasons.
- Oven/fan element has become damaged – Check if they are conducting electricity using a multimeter, also known as a continuity check.
- Changeover switch/commutator failed – This switch controls the various functions of the oven, so will need to be replaced as soon as possible.
- Thermal fuse malfunction – The thermal fuse can become damaged due to poor ventilation. To combat this, ensure your cooker is situated in an open space.
- Oven is Overheating – The oven is a crucial component of your New World cooking appliance. If you find that your food is burning when placed inside, it may be due to it overheating. This is often down to the thermostat being broken. Unfortunately, the thermostat cannot be repaired to will need to be replaced. While replacing your thermostat, you need to ensure that you handle the phial with extreme care. This is a small device that holds gas and is placed into the cavity. Gas expands or contacts to activate or deactivate the thermostat.
- Burner Produces an Erratic Flame – Ideally, the burner on your New World cooker should produce a steady blue flame. One common problem that you may find is that your gas cooker’s burner will produce an uneven yellow flame or an unusually small flame. If so, this may be an indication that the burner is being choked by debris in the holes or jets. To combat this, disassemble the burner, check for debris and clean thoroughly with water. Avoid using a wire or pointed object as this can cause the hole to increase, leading to further problems.
- Igniter Doesn’t Work – Now and again; the igniter on your New World cooker may decide not to work. You will find this is happening when the spark produced when you press the ignition button isn’t occurring. If so, chances are that the igniter is clogged with food, dirt or grime that needs cleaning. To fix this, simply remove that igniter, usually found near the oven burner and clean it with a toothbrush, removing all the accumulated dirt. Scrub the surface in a gentle manner.
These are some of the most common problems that you’re most likely to encounter with your New World cooker. So, if you find that yours starts to display these, simply follow the instructions to enable your cooking appliance to return to normal.
If you find that your cooker has a problem that requires a replacement part to fix, no need to worry, here at Cooker Spare Parts we have an extensive collection of replacement New World parts that is guaranteed to get your cooker back up and running in no time! Simply hit the button below to browse our entire range of New World cooker spares and leave all of its problems in the past!
Browse New World Spares >
If you are having any trouble trying to find or purchase the New World spare that you need or have any general questions that you would like to ask us, then please do not be afraid to contact the CSP team today. We are more than happy to help!